Kids love to imitate their parents (and grandparents!) — so show your family how you’re taking steps to protect your heart.
Follow these tips to be a heart-health role model for your family:
- Talk about your family health history. If heart problems run in your family, you can take steps to lower your risk. Starting that conversation with family members is the first step.
- Get active together. Family time is a great time to be active! Go for a walk or bike ride together or kick a soccer ball around in the park. If your kids or grandkids see you enjoying physical activity, they’ll be more likely to give it a try.
- Share healthy meals. Mealtimes are a great opportunity to pass on healthy habits. Ask your kids or grandkids to help you shop for healthy ingredients and cook a meal to enjoy with the whole family.
Learn how to be a heart-health role model:
- Find out how a family history of heart disease affects your risk
- Use this tool to build a family health history
- Find ways to get active with your family
For more information from Heart Healthy Steps click here: Be a Heart-Health Role Mode – Heart Healthy Steps
Join the discussion! Are you up to date with your Provider? Do you know what your cholesterol levels and blood pressure are? Are you managing both? Our medical offices are doing their best to continue to serve, so be patient and call now to schedule an appointment to get your heart healthy check-up!
We’ve had tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account and share).
(Please note, your first comment on Go! GC is manually approved to prevent spam. After your comment is approved, you will automatically be awarded bonus Prize Points. Once you have one comment approved, all future comments will be automatically approved.)
- Blueberry PROTEIN Ice Cream - March 28, 2023
- Garrett County Grilling Season - March 21, 2023
- Spring Begins Today - March 20, 2023
Good info to know.Take time for family talks & yourself. Don’t be afraid to go to Doctor. Get health plan started.
I am one who would rather not know! If you don’t know, it’s not real!?
Thank you for posting this we are going to do an event on campus now
Thanks for the reminder to check in!
My family loves being active together.
Good information. Family walks is a good time.
I have some great talks with my kids when we go on walks! I think it relaxes them.
Good info. With my insurance, if we do certain things, one of which is get recommended screenings, we get a zero copay for primary care visits.
Always be an active participant in your own health! Know your family history and know your numbers!
It’s so important to keep up with visits to your doctor.