Adorable! Jasper is making everyone smile in the Go Outside & Capture It Challenge! Jasper’s owner received 25 extra points and is now entered into the drawing for the Kindle Fire.
We don’t need the CDC to tell us this one, but it’s great to have the research behind the type of things we instinctively know. They tell us, “There are many health benefits of owning a pet. They can increase opportunities to exercise, get outside, and socialize. Regular walking or playing with pets can decrease blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and triglyceride levels. Pets can help manage loneliness and depression by giving us companionship. Most households in the United States have at least one pet.
Studies have shown that the bond between people and their pets can increase fitness, lower stress, and bring happiness to their owners. Some of the health benefits of having a pet include:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Decreased cholesterol levels
- Decreased triglyceride levels
- Decreased feelings of loneliness
- Increased opportunities for exercise and outdoor activities
- Increased opportunities for socialization”
Follow this link to read more from the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/health-benefits/index.html
Follow the link for the specific details on how to enter: https://gogarrettcounty.com/capture-it-contest-3-prize-points/
- Only Three Weeks Left In The Go! Fitness Challenge - December 7, 2022
- Explore More This Weekend & Celebrate Our Challengers! - December 2, 2022
- Ten Million Steps! - November 30, 2022