Thank you all for continuing to participate in the Summer of Fitness & Fun campaign, and for bringing your friends! ? The turnout at local events has been FANTASTIC! and we’ve got even more great events for you to enjoy! Here’s what you can look forward to this week:
- FREE Gentle/Beginner Yoga (Wed, July 13, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Paddle Boarding @ Herrington Manor State Park (Thu, July 14, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Volleyball @ Herrington Manor State Park (Thu, July 14, 6:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Details available at https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/community-calendar/
What type of events and content would you like to see as the Summer of Fitness & Fun continues? Tell us in the comments below!
Please note, Garrett County’s COVID-19 Community Level is now MEDIUM. Please take appropriate precautions, and see GarrettHealth.org for recommendations from the CDC: https://garretthealth.org/
P.s. If you still need a Maryland State Park pass (Garrett County residents only), please see https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/gc-in-motion-free-state-park-passes/ while supplies last!
About GC In Motion:
An application was submitted by Shelley Argabrite representing the Population Health, Innovation & Informatics Unit within the Garrett County Health Department for the competitive funding from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and was awarded $92,986 dollars. The funding is part of a larger goal for 34% of Marylanders to be at a healthy weight by 2024!
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/20-3/26) - March 29, 2023
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
Great events! Something for everyone! So glad to hear there has been great participation so far!
Lots of variety here. I am hoping my schedule will allow me to attend some soon!
Love the activities!
Some really good activities!
Wish I lived closer
Lots of activities to choose from
at near by Herrington Manor.
All free too!! Thanks for the opportunity to keep moving!!
Come check in out. Great trails to walk or run on. Dogs allowed on leash.
Thanks for sharing!
Hope to get out there soon!
Great events have been happening.! There is something for everyone to enjoy!
I need to move to Oakland