Thank you all for continuing to participate in the Summer of Fitness & Fun campaign, and for bringing your friends! ? The turnout at local events has been FANTASTIC! and we’ve got even more great events for you to enjoy! Here’s what you can look forward to this week:
- Jazzercise Lite (Mon, July 18, 10am – 11am)
- Paddle Boarding @ Herrington Manor State Park (Mon, July 18, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Jazzercise Fusion (Tue, July 19, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Jazzercise Lite (Wed, July 20, 10am – 11am)
- FREE Gentle/Beginner Yoga (Wed, July 20, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Jazzercise Fusion (Thu, July 21, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Volleyball @ Herrington Manor State Park – Spikeball, tennis, and basketball will also be available! (Thu, July 21, 6:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Jazzercise Lite (Fri, July 22, 10am – 11am)
- Free Hike @ Herrington Manor State Park (Fri, July 22, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Free Paddle Boarding @ Herrington (Sat, July 23, 10am – 11am)
- Details available at https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/community-calendar/
What type of events and content would you like to see as the Summer of Fitness & Fun continues? Tell us in the comments below!
Please note, Garrett County’s COVID-19 Community Level has increased in recent weeks. Please take appropriate precautions, and see GarrettHealth.org for recommendations from the CDC: https://garretthealth.org/
P.S. If you still need a Maryland State Park pass (Garrett County residents only), please see https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/gc-in-motion-free-state-park-passes/ while supplies last!
The list of health benefits from exercise is even longer than our Summer of Fitness & Fun offerings this week! Improved mood, stronger bones, increased muscle mass, energy boots, lowering our risk of cardiovascular disease, and so much more! Exercising in a group setting offers additional benefits, and leading experts in the fields of psychology and exercise science agree, that group fitness may help with motivation! Social connectedness is a vital part of our well-being and working up a sweat while having fun with others is a great way to accomplish both. – Shelley A.
About GC In Motion:
An application was submitted by Shelley Argabrite representing the Population Health, Innovation & Informatics Unit within the Garrett County Health Department for the competitive funding from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and was awarded $92,986 dollars. The funding is part of a larger goal for 34% of Marylanders to be at a healthy weight by 2024!
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/20-3/26) - March 29, 2023
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
Wow, a week filled with some great heart pumping events! I hope to take advantage of some of these exercise opportunities! Thank you!
Lots to do this week for free!
Go has made it easy to keep moving.It’s been fun trying new exercises.GC is a great place to live!
Love learning about fun events in GC! Thanks for the information.
Keep up the good work. I truly hope to participate in some of these fun exercises soon.
Looks like a fun week ahead!
Got to try the paddle boarding….maybe Saturday!
Keep it up!
I know many benefit from these events!