Thank you all for continuing to participate in the Summer of Fitness & Fun campaign, and for bringing your friends! 🥳 The turnout at local events has been FANTASTIC! and we’ve got even more great events for you to enjoy! Here’s what you can look forward to this week:
- Jazzercise Lite (Mon, July 18, 10am – 11am)
- Paddle Boarding @ Herrington Manor State Park (Mon, July 18, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Jazzercise Fusion (Tue, July 19, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Jazzercise Lite (Wed, July 20, 10am – 11am)
- FREE Gentle/Beginner Yoga (Wed, July 20, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Jazzercise Fusion (Thu, July 21, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Volleyball @ Herrington Manor State Park – Spikeball, tennis, and basketball will also be available! (Thu, July 21, 6:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Jazzercise Lite (Fri, July 22, 10am – 11am)
- Free Hike @ Herrington Manor State Park (Fri, July 22, 5:30pm – 6:30pm)
- Free Paddle Boarding @ Herrington (Sat, July 23, 10am – 11am)
- Details available at https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/community-calendar/
What type of events and content would you like to see as the Summer of Fitness & Fun continues? Tell us in the comments below!
Please note, Garrett County’s COVID-19 Community Level has increased in recent weeks. Please take appropriate precautions, and see GarrettHealth.org for recommendations from the CDC: https://garretthealth.org/
P.S. If you still need a Maryland State Park pass (Garrett County residents only), please see https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/gc-in-motion-free-state-park-passes/ while supplies last!
The list of health benefits from exercise is even longer than our Summer of Fitness & Fun offerings this week! Improved mood, stronger bones, increased muscle mass, energy boots, lowering our risk of cardiovascular disease, and so much more! Exercising in a group setting offers additional benefits, and leading experts in the fields of psychology and exercise science agree, that group fitness may help with motivation! Social connectedness is a vital part of our well-being and working up a sweat while having fun with others is a great way to accomplish both. – Shelley A.
About GC In Motion:
An application was submitted by Shelley Argabrite representing the Population Health, Innovation & Informatics Unit within the Garrett County Health Department for the competitive funding from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and was awarded $92,986 dollars. The funding is part of a larger goal for 34% of Marylanders to be at a healthy weight by 2024!