We’re more than half way thru Health Education & Outreach’s September Activity Challenge! How many minutes of intentional exercise have you logged so far? As the challenge has progressed, I’ve noticed that I’ve went from squeezing in just 30 minutes of intentional exercise to 60 or more minutes per day! (Preparing for the upcoming Fitbit challenge hasn’t hurt either! ?)
Tell us how you are doing in the comments below! Have you discovered (or rediscovered) activities that help you boost your intentional exercise? Share them with us!
Here’s the original post about the September Activity Challenge:
Did you know that the Garrett County Health Department’s Heath Education & Outreach Unit is active across Garrett County’s many local communities? From providing nutrition education to diet consultations, this team has been actively working to tackle chronic diseases in Garrett County for years – in addition to coordinating and implementing countless initiatives for after school programs, community outreach events and planning groups, prevention, and more!
This September, GCHD’s Health Education & Outreach Unit is coordinating an exciting challenge to keep Garrett County moving! To get started, download the PDF form below, or reach out at 301-334-7730 to learn more about this exciting program, or other offerings from this fantastic resource for our community.
Download the PDF Form: https://gogarrettcounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Sept-Challenge.pdf
Here’s some additional information about this challenge:
- There will be 4 winners and each winner will receive a $50.00 gift card to Shoe Show!
- How to earn an entry in the prize drawing: Participants have a chance to win by zip code and if they are successful at logging 150 minutes or more of physical activity for 4 weeks in September.
- It is open to the public for those who are 18 years and older.
- If a person is not a Garrett County resident but works in Garrett County they can use the zip code of the business.
- Individuals will be divided into 4 teams, based on their zip code.
In addition to this exciting program, you may also be interested in connecting with community planning groups in your town! Call 301-334-7730 to learn more about how to get connected and involved!
- 37 MILLION+ STEPS/ACTIVITY RECORDS! – Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboards – Week 31 and Week 32 - June 1, 2023
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (5/22-5/28) - May 31, 2023
- A Message From Dr. Karl Schwalm on Mental Health Month and Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week - May 30, 2023
I didn’t get started on this one in time. Hoping to join thenfitbit one.
It has kept me motivated! Had to get my total minutes in quick this week as hubby having surgery today and knew it would be tough to walk the last few days of this week. But I did it!
I need a visual such as this challenge form to keep me motivated! I like to challenge myself to do more minutes of exercise this week than I did the week before!
Logging my exercise is encouraging. It is good to see the minutes add up.
Hoping to make up for this one in the Fitbit. Forgot about this one
I joined the Fitbit challenge.
I joined with Mandy and Kellie! Hoping they are not to hard on me! LOL