Thank you all for continuing to participate in the Summer of Fitness & Fun campaign, and for bringing your friends! ? The turnout at local events has been FANTASTIC! and we’ve got even more great events for you to enjoy! Here’s what you can look forward to this week:
- Jazzercise Lite – Mon, August 8, 10am – 11am
- Fit With Jen Body Sculpt Class – Mon, August 8, 5pm – 6pm
- Paddle Boarding@ Herrington Manor State Park – Mon, August 8, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Veggies On The Move – Friendsville – Mon, August 8, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Vagabond Bicycle Rally – Tue, August 9, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Jazzercise Fusion – Tue, August 9, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Jazzercise Lite – Wed, August 10, 10am – 11am
- FREE Gentle/Beginner Yoga – Wed, August 10, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Veggies On The Move – Kitzmiller – Wed, August 10, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Workshop Wednesday: Introduction to Bikepacking – Wed, August 10, 7pm – 8pm
- Jazzercise Fusion – Thu, August 11, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Volleyball @ Herrington Manor State Park – Thu, August 11, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Jazzercise Lite – Fri, August 12, 10am – 11am
- Details available at https://gcinmotion.garrettcountyapps.com/community-calendar/ – please remember to check the calendar prior to attending any events for up-to-date information on changes or cancellations. Thank you!
What type of events and content would you like to see as the Summer of Fitness & Fun continues? Tell us in the comments below!
Please note, Garrett County’s COVID-19 Community Level has increased in recent weeks. Please take appropriate precautions, and see GarrettHealth.org for recommendations from the CDC: https://garretthealth.org/
About GC In Motion:
An application was submitted by Shelley Argabrite representing the Population Health, Innovation & Informatics Unit within the Garrett County Health Department for the competitive funding from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and was awarded $92,986 dollars. The funding is part of a larger goal for 34% of Marylanders to be at a healthy weight by 2024!
- 58 MILLION+ STEPS/ACTIVITY RECORDS! – Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 49 - September 28, 2023
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (9/18-9/24) - September 27, 2023
- FINAL WEEK! – Friendsville & Mountain Lake Park! – Don’t Miss These Exciting Community Markets This Week! (Veggies On The Move w/ Garrett Growers) - September 25, 2023