Did you know that the Garrett County Health Department’s Heath Education & Outreach Unit is active across Garrett County’s many local communities? From providing nutrition education to diet consultations, this team has been actively working to tackle chronic diseases in Garrett County for years – in addition to coordinating and implementing countless initiatives for after school programs, community outreach events and planning groups, prevention, and more!
This September, GCHD’s Health Education & Outreach Unit is coordinating an exciting challenge to keep Garrett County moving! To get started, download the PDF form below, or reach out at 301-334-7730 to learn more about this exciting program, or other offerings from this fantastic resource for our community.
Download the PDF Form: https://gogarrettcounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Sept-Challenge.pdf
Here’s some additional information about this challenge:
- There will be 4 winners and each winner will receive a $50.00 gift card to Shoe Show!
- How to earn an entry in the prize drawing: Participants have a chance to win by zip code and if they are successful at logging 150 minutes or more of physical activity for 4 weeks in September.
- It is open to the public for those who are 18 years and older.
- If a person is not a Garrett County resident but works in Garrett County they can use the zip code of the business.
- Individuals will be divided into 4 teams, based on their zip code.
In addition to this exciting program, you may also be interested in connecting with community planning groups in your town! Call 301-334-7730 to learn more about how to get connected and involved!
- 37 MILLION+ STEPS/ACTIVITY RECORDS! – Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboards – Week 31 and Week 32 - June 1, 2023
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (5/22-5/28) - May 31, 2023
- A Message From Dr. Karl Schwalm on Mental Health Month and Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week - May 30, 2023
Does the exercise have to be done at a certain place?
Hi Rhonda, You can exercise wherever you want but you are encouraged to take advantage of the many exercise opportunities that are listed on the backside of the form and made available by the GoGarrettCounty! informatics team. Thanks for the question!
Thanks for a new challenge to keep us moving!
I am excited and planning to do this.
I look forward to logging 150 minutes or more of physical activity for 4 weeks!
This sounds like a great idea and fun too!
Way to go Health Education and Outreach! Get us all up and moving!