Did you know that the Garrett County Health Department’s Heath Education & Outreach Unit is active across Garrett County’s many local communities? From providing nutrition education to diet consultations, this team has been actively working to tackle chronic diseases in Garrett County for years – in addition to coordinating and implementing countless initiatives for after school programs, community outreach events and planning groups, prevention, and more!
This September, GCHD’s Health Education & Outreach Unit is coordinating an exciting challenge to keep Garrett County moving! To get started, download the PDF form below, or reach out at 301-334-7730 to learn more about this exciting program, or other offerings from this fantastic resource for our community.
Here’s some additional information about this challenge:
- There will be 4 winners and each winner will receive a $50.00 gift card to Shoe Show!
- How to earn an entry in the prize drawing: Participants have a chance to win by zip code and if they are successful at logging 150 minutes or more of physical activity for 4 weeks in September.
- It is open to the public for those who are 18 years and older.
- If a person is not a Garrett County resident but works in Garrett County they can use the zip code of the business.
- Individuals will be divided into 4 teams, based on their zip code.
In addition to this exciting program, you may also be interested in connecting with community planning groups in your town! Call 301-334-7730 to learn more about how to get connected and involved!
- Chronic Disease Program Serves Thousands in Garrett County - September 28, 2022
- Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Garrett County! - September 26, 2022
- SEPTEMBER ACTIVITY CHALLENGE! – Are You Becoming More Active As The Month Winds Down? - September 22, 2022