Garrett Regional Medical Center
Prevent Type 2
According to the Centers for Disease Control, one out of three adults has prediabetes and nine out of ten do not know they have it. The Type 2 Prevention Program at Garrett Regional Medical Center is part of the Centers for Disease Control’s National Diabetes Prevention Program.
The program helps individuals:
- Build skills to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- Build motivation and accountability
- Develop habits that last
For more information or to enroll in the Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program, contact Mitzi Wiltison, RN, CDCES (301) 533-4271.
Project Analyst, Population Health
12400 Willow brook Rd
Cumberland, MD 21502
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps For Last Week! (11/14-11/20) - November 22, 2022
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps For Last Week! (11/7-11/13) - November 16, 2022
- We’re Almost To Seattle, Washington! – 7,245,693 Steps Submitted So Far In The Go! Fitness Challenge! - November 10, 2022