Garrett Regional Medical Center
Prevent Type 2
According to the Centers for Disease Control, one out of three adults has prediabetes and nine out of ten do not know they have it. The Type 2 Prevention Program at Garrett Regional Medical Center is part of the Centers for Disease Control’s National Diabetes Prevention Program.
The program helps individuals:
- Build skills to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- Build motivation and accountability
- Develop habits that last
For more information or to enroll in the Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program, contact Mitzi Wiltison, RN, CDCES (301) 533-4271.
Project Analyst, Population Health
12400 Willow brook Rd
Cumberland, MD 21502
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/13-3/19) - March 22, 2023
I have taken this class with Mitzi. It is very good.
I have take the class with Mitzi.
I have taken this class with Mitzi. She gives simple ways to keep track of what you’re eating. Very informative. I recommend it to anyone.
Great resource to our community
Thanks for sharing!
Passing along to a friend
Good information. Thanks for sharing.
I should really take this class.
The Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program is a wonderful opportunity and Mitzi Wiltison, RN is a wonderful instructor.
Healthy living happens when we develop habits that last.