Welcome back to KICKSTART 2022 – a new campaign to help Garrett County get moving, make healthier choices, and work together to improve our community’s well-being in the New Year.
Throughout January 2022, we’ll be sharing TONS of great resources and tips to help you KICKSTART your new year with a community full of support!
Today is the fourth day of a brand new year – and we’re sharing an often overlooked recipe site: the MyPlate.gov Kitchen. – https://www.myplate.gov/myplate-kitchen
Many of these recipes feature ingredient substitutions, such as applesauce, pumpkin, etc… that make familiar foods healthier, and more balanced. These recipes are sourced from across the country from nutrition programs, extension offices, and local cooperatives. Tell us what recipe you’d like to try!
About KICKSTART 2022:
- 5 BONUS Prize Points ? can be earned through the end of January 2022 by commenting on each day’s post, activity, etc…
- Building off the success of our Walktober campaign, we’ll continue to share local resources to help you utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County to start your new year off with people who want to help you meet your goals ❤️ – whether they’re about physical health, mental health, or both.
- In addition to what you’ve seen with previous campaigns, we’re going to be expanding this campaign with one of our favorite motivational resources: ? Pinterest! We hope you’ll join us as we build a collection of great resources from community members, small businesses, and people who just want to help others succeed!
Join the discussion! We had a tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips during Walktober. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account).
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/20-3/26) - March 29, 2023
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
Booked marked this and plan to use it.
Bookmarked this, and plan to use it!
Sorry, for duplicate comment, didn’t look like 1st comment went through.
Thank you for sharing
Thanks for website. Bookmarked some recipes. I really hate to cook, and hate recipes with lots of ingredients. I found a few to try.
I love checking out the recipes and that they can all be saved in a cookbook on the site! Very useful.
MyPlate is a great resource! We share it with the students in the schools through our programs. I like it myself, too!
I’m not a cook…just basics…hate to cook!
Easy healthy recipes.You can save on the site cookbook! Helpful !
I’m trying the 5 A Day Wheat & the Lentils.
This is GREAT. thank you
I love using applesauce and pumpkin in recipes. ? ?
I definitely want to try some of these!
I love new recipes!
I am definitely going to try these recipes!
Always looking for new recipes, thanks.
I think these recipes look healthy, delicious, and easy to prepare.
We love using applesauce instead of vegetable oil!
thanks for the info