Welcome back to KICKSTART 2022 – a new campaign to help Garrett County get moving, make healthier choices, and work together to improve our community’s well-being in the New Year.
Throughout January 2022, we’ll be sharing TONS of great resources and tips to help you KICKSTART your new year with a community full of support!
Today is the twenty-eighth day of a brand new year – and we’re taking a quick break from recipes to share an important new survey from the Garrett County Local Management Board: https://bit.ly/LMB-FY23-NOFA-Survey
This survey is anonymous, so make sure you comment below with “Completed!,” “Done!,” or a fun fact after completing the survey to get your bonus Go! Prize Points for the day! ?
About KICKSTART 2022:
- 5 BONUS Prize Points ? can be earned through the end of January 2022 by commenting on each day’s post, activity, etc…
- Building off the success of our Walktober campaign, we’ll continue to share local resources to help you utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County to start your new year off with people who want to help you meet your goals ❤️ – whether they’re about physical health, mental health, or both.
- In addition to what you’ve seen with previous campaigns, we’re going to be expanding this campaign with one of our favorite motivational resources: ? Pinterest! We hope you’ll join us as we build a collection of great resources from community members, small businesses, and people who just want to help others succeed!
Join the discussion! We had a tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips during Walktober. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account).
(Please note, your first comment on Go! GC is manually approved to prevent spam. After your comment is approved, you will automatically be awarded bonus Prize Points. Once you have one comment approved, all future comments will be automatically approved.)
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/20-3/26) - March 29, 2023
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
Done. It was great how the survey gave you options to put your opinion and what steps you think would help.
Fun Fact: Did You Know that Garrett County was Named After the President of the B&O Railroad (1872)?
March 9, 2017County News / News You Can Use
Question: Did you know that Garrett County was named after the president of the B&O Railroad (1872)?
It’s true! Garrett County was the last of Maryland’s counties to be created. The County was named after the president of the B&O Railroad at the time, John Work Garrett. John Garrett died at Deer Park, Garrett County in 1884. The railroad was responsible for Garrett County’s economic growth during the later half of the 19th century which is why it was named for him.
Done. Clearly we need to support fatherhood.
I think I did this