Welcome back to KICKSTART 2022 – a new campaign to help Garrett County get moving, make healthier choices, and work together to improve our community’s well-being in the New Year.
Throughout January 2022, we’ll be sharing TONS of great resources and tips to help you KICKSTART your new year with a community full of support!
Today is the eleventh day of a brand new year – and we’re sharing the CDC Prediabetes Risk Test: https://doihaveprediabetes.org/. This resource is a great way to better understand your risk level. Did you know that 1 in 3 American adults has prediabetes?
Don’t forget, today is the Prevent Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program Informational Session at GRMC (https://gogarrettcounty.com/kickstart-2022-january-9-2022-garrett-regional-medical-center-prevent-type-2-diabetes-prevention-program-informational-session-details/) – remember, pre-registration is required for this event.
About KICKSTART 2022:
- 5 BONUS Prize Points ? can be earned through the end of January 2022 by commenting on each day’s post, activity, etc…
- Building off the success of our Walktober campaign, we’ll continue to share local resources to help you utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County to start your new year off with people who want to help you meet your goals ❤️ – whether they’re about physical health, mental health, or both.
- In addition to what you’ve seen with previous campaigns, we’re going to be expanding this campaign with one of our favorite motivational resources: ? Pinterest! We hope you’ll join us as we build a collection of great resources from community members, small businesses, and people who just want to help others succeed!
Join the discussion! We had a tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips during Walktober. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account).
(Please note, your first comment on Go! GC is manually approved to prevent spam. After your comment is approved, you will automatically be awarded bonus Prize Points. Once you have one comment approved, all future comments will be automatically approved.)
- Garrett County Commissioner Ryan Savage Shows His Support for Mental Health Month and Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week! - May 26, 2023
- Garrett County Health Department’s Home Health Unit Supports Mental Health Month and Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week! - May 25, 2023
- Foundations For Healthy Cooking From Southern High School Students – Watch As They Prepare Tasty Seared Chicken Breast With Chef Scardina - May 25, 2023
Great tool to use.
Thanks for the info.
Daily work in progress to eat less sugar in foods.
Wonderful and helpful tool!
Almost everyone is at risk for prediabetes and should take the risk test!
My Grandmother had diabetes and had to give herself insulin injections in her stomach. I do not want to do that so Ive tried to stay active and limit sugar.
Took the test and happy to know my number is okay. Good idea to retake the test periodically.
Thanks for the resource.
This was very good information!
This is another wonderful resource to help Garrett County utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County!