Welcome back to KICKSTART 2022 – a new campaign to help Garrett County get moving, make healthier choices, and work together to improve our community’s well-being in the New Year.
Throughout January 2022, we’ll be sharing TONS of great resources and tips to help you KICKSTART your new year with a community full of support!
Today is the tenth day of a brand new year – and we’re sharing a neat resource we discovered this weekend: the FDA’s Interactive Nutrition Facts Label. Explore the interactive label at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/InteractiveNutritionFactsLabel/#intro.
Did you discover a new resource this weekend or a favorite new pin on Pinterest related to health or well-being? Share it in the comments below!
About KICKSTART 2022:
- 5 BONUS Prize Points ? can be earned through the end of January 2022 by commenting on each day’s post, activity, etc…
- Building off the success of our Walktober campaign, we’ll continue to share local resources to help you utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County to start your new year off with people who want to help you meet your goals ❤️ – whether they’re about physical health, mental health, or both.
- In addition to what you’ve seen with previous campaigns, we’re going to be expanding this campaign with one of our favorite motivational resources: ? Pinterest! We hope you’ll join us as we build a collection of great resources from community members, small businesses, and people who just want to help others succeed!
Join the discussion! We had a tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips during Walktober. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account).
(Please note, your first comment on Go! GC is manually approved to prevent spam. After your comment is approved, you will automatically be awarded bonus Prize Points. Once you have one comment approved, all future comments will be automatically approved.)
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/20-3/26) - March 29, 2023
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
I read labels on food regularly.
I downloaded the my plate app to my phone to see what it had to offer. It seems like a great resource, and gives you simple goals to pursue each day.
I don’t read labels nearly enough.
It’s always educational to read what’s really in the groceries you’re buying.
The Calorie King. Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter. Has over 200 Fast Food Chains. Just helpful
to made healthier choices. It also has Diabetes Diet guide.
I read labels quite often. You must be careful what a serving size is. You may think a certain container is a serving, but if you read closely, it may be actually 2 or 3 servings, which multiplies the carbohydrates, calories, fat etc. You are consuming if eating/drinking the whole container.
Love learning about all these great resources. Will have to check this out!
Learning a lot
Initially reading food labels takes a little more time in the grocery store, but the more you do, the faster you will get at reading food labels. Reading food labels is time well spent for better health!
Food Labels can be very confusing. an interactive lable seems like a great idea
I use food labels for serving size all the time. Even boxed cereal have different quantities for a serving. I also look to see what the first ingredients are. Doesn’t always match what they advertise.
I’ve read food labels for years and have taught my kids to do the same. You can find out surprising things you would never have thought was in something!
I really need to read labels more often.
I need to read labels more carefully.
I read labels to look for lower carb options, thanks.
My husband and I make informed food choices the Nutrition Facts label found on packaged foods and beverages. Because of the information, we have eliminated several products and added others to our diet.
So informative! Labels are super important to check and I forget sometimes.