Welcome to KICKSTART 2022 – a new campaign to help Garrett County get moving, make healthier choices, and work together to improve our community’s well-being in the New Year.
Throughout January 2022, we’ll be sharing TONS of great resources and tips to help you KICKSTART your new year with a community full of support!
Today, we’re highlighting our first resource for the new year (even though it’s not quite here yet!), because it’s a collection of opportunities to get outdoors and find a community of people who want to ring in the new year with hiking and nature (two of our favorite well-being staples!).
There are two ways to participate in first day hikes this year! With Maryland State Parks, and with our newest community partner, the Deep Creek Adventure Bureau! More info about both of these opportunities is linked below:
Maryland State Parks First Day Hikes: (Multiple to choose from in Garrett and Allegheny Counties)
Deep Creek Adventure Bureau First Day Hike:
About KICKSTART 2022:
- 5 BONUS Prize Points ? can be earned through the end of January 2022 by commenting on each day’s post, activity, etc…
- Building off the success of our Walktober campaign, we’ll continue to share local resources to help you utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County to start your new year off with people who want to help you meet your goals ❤️ – whether they’re about physical health, mental health, or both.
- In addition to what you’ve seen with previous campaigns, we’re going to be expanding this campaign with one of our favorite motivational resources: ? Pinterest! We hope you’ll join us as we build a collection of great resources from community members, small businesses, and people who just want to help others succeed!
Join the discussion! We had a tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips during Walktober. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account).
- 58 MILLION+ STEPS/ACTIVITY RECORDS! – Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 49 - September 28, 2023
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (9/18-9/24) - September 27, 2023
- FINAL WEEK! – Friendsville & Mountain Lake Park! – Don’t Miss These Exciting Community Markets This Week! (Veggies On The Move w/ Garrett Growers) - September 25, 2023