Welcome to KICKSTART 2022 – a new campaign to help Garrett County get moving, make healthier choices, and work together to improve our community’s well-being in the New Year.
Throughout January 2022, we’ll be sharing TONS of great resources and tips to help you KICKSTART your new year with a community full of support!
Today, we’re highlighting our first resource for the new year (even though it’s not quite here yet!), because it’s a collection of opportunities to get outdoors and find a community of people who want to ring in the new year with hiking and nature (two of our favorite well-being staples!).
There are two ways to participate in first day hikes this year! With Maryland State Parks, and with our newest community partner, the Deep Creek Adventure Bureau! More info about both of these opportunities is linked below:
Maryland State Parks First Day Hikes: (Multiple to choose from in Garrett and Allegheny Counties)
Deep Creek Adventure Bureau First Day Hike:
About KICKSTART 2022:
- 5 BONUS Prize Points ? can be earned through the end of January 2022 by commenting on each day’s post, activity, etc…
- Building off the success of our Walktober campaign, we’ll continue to share local resources to help you utilize all of the tools and resources available in Garrett County to start your new year off with people who want to help you meet your goals ❤️ – whether they’re about physical health, mental health, or both.
- In addition to what you’ve seen with previous campaigns, we’re going to be expanding this campaign with one of our favorite motivational resources: ? Pinterest! We hope you’ll join us as we build a collection of great resources from community members, small businesses, and people who just want to help others succeed!
Join the discussion! We had a tremendous outpouring of community support, feedback, and great tips during Walktober. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below (and you’ll even earn 5 bonus points each day, if you are logged into your Go! account).
- Go! Fitness Challenge: It’s Time To Submit Your Steps/Activity For Last Week! (3/20-3/26) - March 29, 2023
- Step/Activity Challenge Weekly Leaderboard – Week 22 - March 24, 2023
- Fitness Fridays – Isometric Squat - March 24, 2023
DNR website info helpful. Found new trails to hike with dogs! ? Hot chocolate included ?
Great weather for hikes!
This weather is incredible for getting outside. I enjoyed a 2-hour bike ride on the GAP this morning. ?
weather is great for spring like hikes. but i actually Love Love a winter hike at swallow falls when the fall are frozen and i have to put on yax tracks on my shoes to hike the trail. Or a hike with snowshoes at Herrinton Manor. Hoping for some winter weather soon.
The weather has been perfect for this. Thanka for sharing!
Thank you great resource. Hope you bring back the walking challenge again. Definitely motivated me to set goals since I was in a team.
I love getting more information on the trails nearby. I have been wanting to get back into hiking for a while and these articles give me that extra push!
We have done first day hikes in the past. The rain discouraged us this year, but we plan to do it again in the future.
Weather has been great for hiking.
It is so nice to have more information on the trails nearby.
We enjoy walking trails, especially the dog friendly trails.
I enjoy walking with my friends